Journalists writing for publications in the United States can contact Sarah Charley to request a media visit or arrange an interview with a US LHC scientist. Please include information about the type of media you work for (TV, documentary, photographer, newspaper, magazine, etc.), your assignment and where it will be published.
Government officials, representatives from government agencies, and other policy makers who would like to visit CERN can also contact Sarah Charley for information about visiting CERN.
School groups from the Unites States and other visitors should contact the CERN Visit Service to set up a tour. School groups who would like to do hands-on actives and experiments while at CERN should check out CERN’s S’Cool Lab.
Information for visitors:
- Age limit: Children under 13 years of age may not participate
- School groups of minors visiting the site must be accompanied by one adult per 12 students
- For safety reasons, high-heeled shoes, open-toed shoes, flip-flops or sandals are not permitted
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the laboratory
- Pets are not allowed anywhere at CERN
- If you are pregnant, disabled or need assistance, please notify CERN beforehand. The tours may be strenuous for some visitors (e.g. steep stairways, long periods walking or standing, etc.)
- The tours might be uncomfortable for people who suffer from claustrophobia
- Please note that handicapped visitors, visitors confined to a wheelchair and visitors with a pacemaker are asked to give prior warning.